Borrowed wisdom

Human life is but a series of footnotes to a vast obscure unfinished masterpiece - Vladimir Nabokov

Friday, May 28, 2010

Yesterday's Downpour

So yesterday we had our inaugural dinner club at the Vaudeville Theatre in town. I shall reserve my review of said place in another post, just wanted to actually comment on the rain that came pouring yesterday evening. It's steadily grown colder in the last few weeks, which is normal considering it's winter time now. But i think yesterday's downpour, following a very dismal day was the first winter downpour we've had in weeks.What could I say but that it brought back memories of chilhood back. I used to love our monsoon rains when it would hit us in the months of October and Feb ( or is it April? I'm not sure, I sucked at geography as a student). Our house have been flooded a few times while I was growing up, the heaven would literally be crying nonstop for days, pausing to collect itself for only a few minutes before starting again. I remembered clearly how I had to play rescue ranger and help my mom transfer the rabbits from the pen onto higher ground - into the guinea fowl  pen ( noah's ark...heheh)
Anyway, woke up this morning and yesterday's downpour inspired me to haiku my thoughts down. As the wisests of wise keep on telling us: practice makes perfect. And so practise I will.


Winter Downpour

Evening downpour
City roads become rivers
I run across the street

Drum, clack, hiss
Sings the ground where rain kisses it
Beautiful music

I stand in silence
listening to the sound of
the rain; mesmerised.

No comments: