Borrowed wisdom

Human life is but a series of footnotes to a vast obscure unfinished masterpiece - Vladimir Nabokov

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy women's day

I am back at work after three long days. Three very productive days. I usually update like once in two days, and I couldn't last week due to technical errors with FF. I was a little flustered at first, only because I was eager to post ( and get reviews of course..I live for reviews..can you believe this? Its..uhm addictive), but in retrospect, this inability to upload had been a blessing actually because I got to review my latest chapter, give it a critical read like a beta ( I should have but I don't) redo it and come up with the next two chapters simultaneously. Wow. The amazing mysterious ways in which our brain works. I swear I was just a medium, and someone else was channeling me to write the story out...whatever it is, Im just happy to be the first person to read the story..every time. And like my fellow readers, I laugh and cry and get frustrated just the same.
A movie later and lots of coffee and earl greys later and me writing away on my kitchen counter in my jammies no less - 3 chapters for the week! Whoo hoo. Now I can afford to actually sleep early this week.

Speaking of reviews, I had my first review of chapter 23 ( 0r 34) from Zulfiqar.Ohmgd. To say that I was stoked is putting it mildly. It's one thing getting reviews from any number of people ( who I really appreciate just BTW), it's another when you kinda follow their work as well. I felt so honored. Now if i can just get Oracle Vas to review mine, I'll probably combust. ( maybe not a good idea..)

Right..enough crap for the day.

Vamplover signing off and wishing that all the girls out there had a wonderful women's day. ( Isn't it a tad discriminatory though? We actually need a woman's day? So the rest of the year go to the men then???)

xoxoxoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Onechan,
I haven't got around to posting your Tripod in my blog yet. Will get around to it this sunday when I have my day off. FYI, i work a full day on Saturday too. That's a drag huh?

Research said...

Vamplover.....Just to reply to the latter of your posting.
Everyday is Women's Day, the day is merely a celebration for women all around.

I think women always got the short end of the stick (No pun intented...lol)....anyway, those men who abuse women need to sit back & acknowledge that women are the fabric of civilisation, without women, there would be none.....

FYI...I definately enjoy your blog, keep on, keeping on.