Borrowed wisdom

Human life is but a series of footnotes to a vast obscure unfinished masterpiece - Vladimir Nabokov

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Writer's Rut and the Remedy

I've been having what you call a writer's rut. one word. SH$%!
I have been worried about this. 41 chapters later, 2 and half months later, it hits me and I am shi-ting myself only because I have such loyal readers who make me blush and glow with so much Alice excitement that it's impossible to not want to dish out the next chapter the next day. As we speak, I am delayed by 2 days already and no chapter in sight. freak out much? You can only imagine.
Why does it hit you when you reach the vital point of the story though? Who knows....
sigh.
I have been spending my single nights otherwise watching feel good girly movies...obviously trying to get the gears working again. Tried music - nope, didn't work. No amount of Foo Fighters, The Fray, Sting, even my muso Arvo Part has managed to help resolve the dry rot in my brain. ggrrh.
So yes, tried movies.
Watched Emma twice ( I don't care if someone thinks its a horrible adaptation, I happen to think it was a brilliant adaptation, as I found the book a little tedious to read) Ohh....others can have Mr Darcy, but when it comes to Austen, my favorite hero is Mr Knightley. Ahhh...swoon.
And then came sense and sensibility.
I have yet to be convinced of Pride and Prejudice ( Keira Knightley). Perhaps it's because I don't really like Mr Darcy there.
Tried Milk again ( only for James Franco's ass of course...I am so shameless.. I know).
I saw Nights in Rodanthe finally. Tears. Tears. A beautiful movie.
And yesterday it was Single, and Angry. Not your typical Hollywood movie but if you can overlook the cheap production, the theme is actually quite good.
And it was the push I needed.
Yahoo!!!

No comments: